Friday, April 25, 2008

Day of Glorifying Homosexuality & Special Interest Groups

Michael Jones, Principal at Lexington High School, sent out a letter to all parents concerning the upcoming Day of Silence event that is going to be held at the school on April 30th of next week.

Read full letter HERE.
I in turn sent Mr. Jones an e-mail asking him a simple question about the Day of Truth, an opposing event that would be held this upcoming Monday, three days before the Day of Silence:
Dear Mr. Jones, I have read your letter that was sent out to parents concerning a recent graffiti incident at Lexington High School and about the Day of Silence on April 30th. It is unfortunate that people can not articulate their opinions without offending others in the fashion of swastikas and homophobic remarks and markings on high school property. This type of behavior should not be tolerated and I hope your school and the authorities will find the perpetrators who spread such "hate speech" at your school.
In regards to the Day of Silence, I was wondering if the Day of Truth would of been recognized at Lexington High School on April 28th, two days before the Day of Silence since this also falls into the category of "free speech is a Constitutionally protected right in public high schools..." as quoted by you in your letter to us parents. Find out more about the Day of Truth by visiting
http://www.dayoftruth.org/.
Thank you for your time and I look forward to what your answer is to my request.
Sincerely,
Scia Ciantee
You too can reach Mr. Jones at mjones@sch.ci.lexington.ma.us or by calling him directly at 781-861-2320 ext. 1000.
In regards to Mr. Jones' letter, I, and other pro-marriage and family groups, just have a few questions that we would like answered:
1. The letter states that Lexington High School can not promote or adopt a political position as it is a public institution. The act of students (and even staff) being silent all day is a clear promotion and adoption of the political messages that are being advocated for during the event. The event is unquestionably organized by school staff and just by having the Day of Silence indicates that the school agrees with what the Day of Silence stands for and that is the glorification and acceptance of the homosexual lifestyle.
I thought "no outside groups will be allowed to promote or support the Day of Silence, or to oppose it" as indicated towards the end of the letter. How is this being done when GLSEN, a national organization which targets kids in the public schools is promoting the event with the Gay/Straight Alliance club at Lexington High?
2. So, if the Day of Silence is protected under the "free speech is a Constitutionally protected right in public high schools" category and this "applies to all students, whatever their opinion", but "no outside groups will be allowed to promote or support the Day of Silence, or to oppose it", how do all these statements not contradict each other?
3. Mr. Jones states that "hate speech" -- i.e., criticism of the Day of Silence or homosexuality -- is "subject to legal constraints". Oh, I see. So, anyone who engages in some type of civil discourse about constructive criticism about homosexuality and disagrees with the dangerous lifestyle is going to be "subject to legal constraints"? Can you do that when "free speech is a Constitutionally protected right in public high schools"? Very interesting!!!!
4. Mr. Jones says that people may wear buttons or stickers expressing their personal views. A few years ago at Lexington High a girl with a one-man-one-woman marriage sticker was assaulted by pro-gay students on the Day of Silence. And others were severely harassed and intimidated. The school did nothing. Why did the school not reprimand those students who assaulted the girl?
5. And then the final insult: "the distribution of religious materials is not appropriate during the school day." There has been a lot of blatantly anti-religious material distributed by the homosexual groups. The event itself is essentially anti-religious in the eyes of many parents. Why can the homosexual community distribute anti-religious material, but Christians can not distribute Christian material?

20 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What was this Anti-religious material? Any idea where I could see it or find out what it said?

Ken Weaver

10:37 AM, April 26, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, what a whiner. Talk about double talk and exageration. Not to mention down right lies.

Is anything pro-gay automatically anti-christian?

5:16 AM, April 27, 2008  
Blogger SCIA said...

Ken,

I will find out what I can find for you. Good question, because I would like to see this anti-religious stuff too.

7:59 AM, April 28, 2008  
Blogger SCIA said...

Anonymous,

Instead of making blanketed statements about what you read do you think you can point out the "down-right lies?"

8:00 AM, April 28, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"There has been a lot of blatantly anti-religious material distributed by the homosexual groups."

This is a complete fabrication!

Of course, unless anything pro-gay is automatically anti-christian. Is this what you are saying?

6:02 PM, April 28, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24390358

Can we nuke the Middle East yet?

I say we kill them all.

This is what happens when we let religion rule a culture.

Ken Weaver

8:52 PM, April 30, 2008  
Blogger SCIA said...

Ken,

You said:

"This is what happens when we let religion rule a culture."

Or when that religion, for those who practice the radical version of it, rules a culture.

Christianity and radical Islam are two different things.

6:35 AM, May 01, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

“Or when that religion, for those who practice the radical version of it, rules a culture.”

There is no radical Islam; it’s just Islam or not. Even the modernized Islamic people living in America realize that they can’t get away with all the “honor” saving measures they’re accustomed to and are only to willing to go back to their native country for a “visit” to amend their non-existent honor. There is no honor in the Islam I have seen. Granted I am ignorant as to Islam, but there is no honor in killing a victim of rape, no honor in stoning a person wrapped in a sheet; and there can be no honor until those who practice Islam take to task the supposed radicals.

“Christianity and radical Islam are two different things.”

House arrest for knowing that Earth revolved around the sun, death to blasphemers… sounds like radical Islam to me; Wait?? That was Christianity!!

Ken Weaver

7:11 AM, May 01, 2008  
Anonymous Rufus said...

I'd be interested in hearing your answer to the question.

"Is anything pro-gay automatically anti-christian."

And where is this anti-religious material you alluded to....

Your lack of an answer is making you look foolish, yet again.

12:59 PM, May 02, 2008  
Blogger SCIA said...

Rufus,

Welcome back!! Where have you been??

You said:

"Is anything pro-gay automatically anti-christian."

Since homosexuality is not accepted as a lifestyle that Christ would want anyone to follow, it is not considered something he is going to advocate for any Christian. So, yes, homosexuality is anti-Christian.

You concluded with:

"And where is this anti-religious material you alluded to...."

I have my staff working on this as we speak. Thank you for your interest in this matter. Once information becomes available I will let you know.

1:20 PM, May 02, 2008  
Anonymous Rufus said...

Hi SCIA,

I usually only blog when I have down time at work, and it's been crazy busy the last two weeks or so.

You have a staff?

I appreicate you having your staff work on your evidence, but you have already made the statement claiming there is anti-christian material being passed out by gay activists. To make such an assertion you must have seen something you can point to immediately, correct?

Since you have already stated...

"homosexuality is anti-Christian."

It will be interesting to see what you come up with. Could a statement from a gay group asserting homsexuality is not a sin be perceived as anti-christian?

1:54 PM, May 02, 2008  
Anonymous Rufus said...

it just occured to me, you have said in the past you would not be opposed to some kind of gay rights legilation (hospital visitiation, inheritance, etc). How do you reconcile this with your assertion that homosexuality is anti-christian? Would not the support of such things be against the word of God for you?

1:58 PM, May 02, 2008  
Blogger SCIA said...

Rufus,

I have forgotten, well my staff has forgotten where they had a link to the "anti-religious" material. We had a staff meeting and I stressed that vital material for my readers can not and will NOT be lost in the future. As a good leader should claim, I took the blunt of the blame for the mistake. They seemed to get my gentle but stern message because the office was pin drop quiet the rest of the day. As an appology for those who took the meeting offensively, I let everyone go home early with pay. Aren't I a good boss????

Anyway, my crew has access to info and will have the link by Monday or sooner. I need to do some desktop cleaning because I think I wrote the link on a sticky earlier. Oh boy, I think I am digging myself a grave here!! ;)

2:01 PM, May 02, 2008  
Blogger SCIA said...

Rufus,

You said:

"it just occured to me, you have said in the past you would not be opposed to some kind of gay rights legilation (hospital visitiation, inheritance, etc). How do you reconcile this with your assertion that homosexuality is anti-christian? Would not the support of such things be against the word of God for you?"

If you can find scripture in the Bible that says homosexuals should not have hospital visitation rights with their partners than Yes, I would agree that they should not.

In the meantime, I wholeheartedly support the "Fairness Benefit Act" in which you can view the details of by going to http://voteonmarriage.org/fairness.shtml.

Now where in "H.E. double hockey sticks" is that sticky with the "anti-religious" link on it? My staff is going to kill me on Monday if I find it!!!!

Have a good weekend Rufus. If you have any more comments I will answer them tonight. I need to tackle some traffic in order to get home.

2:09 PM, May 02, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

“Since homosexuality is not accepted as a lifestyle that Christ would want anyone to follow, it is not considered something he is going to advocate for any Christian. So, yes, homosexuality is anti-Christian.”

Could anything be Christian neutral?

Ken Weaver

7:10 PM, May 02, 2008  
Blogger SCIA said...

Ken,

You bring up an interesting question that I need just a little bit more elaboration on:

"Could anything be Christian neutral?"

8:43 PM, May 03, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

“I need just a little bit more elaboration”

I’ve heard it said that if you’re not “for” god, you’re against him. I’m not against god as in working for the devil; I just don’t care about either side. I feel neutral.

Ken Weaver

12:04 AM, May 04, 2008  
Blogger SCIA said...

Ken,

Not being sarcastic, but very serious and interested to understand.

Why do you feel neutral? What brought you to this point?

If you want to talk to me in private, please do not hesitate to e-mail me at knowthyfacts@yahoo.com

2:59 PM, May 05, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

“Why do you feel neutral? What brought you to this point?”

I don’t know god well enough to do him any favors, I don’t know the devil well enough to do him favors. Since I have no real belief in the existence of either of those supposed entities, I don’t feel bound to either. So… I’m neutral.

Ken Weaver

9:08 PM, May 05, 2008  
Blogger John Hosty-Grinnell said...

You need a staff to run this blog? You are averaging 8 people a day, so how big is this staff you are talking about?

7:57 PM, May 09, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com