Thursday, March 20, 2008

Transgender Rights and Gay "Marriage" Bills Drown Under Pressure

Bill H1722, the Transgender Rights and Hate Crimes Bill, was stopped in the Judiciary Committee today as massive amounts of pressure from Pro-Family organizations took the legs right out from under this sub-human piece of legislation.

Also, Bills: H1710, S918, which would officially legalize same-sex "marriage" in Massachusetts was also stopped in the Judiciary Committee today.
As reported from MassResistance.org:
On Thursday afternoon, March 20th – the deadline for deciding – the Joint Judiciary Committee responded to massive public outcry and dealt a huge blow to the homosexual movement by essentially killing a whole range bills that the gay lobby has been attempting to push into law this year.
Some of these bills (see complete list below) would have severely affected society both in Massachusetts and even around the country. Bill S800 would have allowed out-of-state same-sex couples to get “legally married” in Massachusetts, causing havoc across America. Bill H1722, the Transgender Rights and Hate Crimes Bill, is probably the most radical legislation ever seriously considered by the Legislature, and would have forced legal acceptance “transgenderism” throughout society (including restrooms and schools) and made it a hate crime to criticize the behavior. In all, there were a half-dozen particularly destructive bills that the Committee would likely have passed were it not for your public outcry.
H1722 major project of the homosexual movement
The Transgender Rights and Hate Crimes Bill (H1722) was the major project this year of the homosexual movement in Massachusetts. This was their next step in their march to change our culture. As described in the media back in January, pushing H1722 through the Legislature was a joint effort by the state's major homosexual activist groups and lobbying groups, plus numerous fringe groups such as the Massachusetts Transgender Political Coalition (MTPC). This was a serious campaign. They held (at least) two big State House lobbying events and several letter-writing and lobbying efforts. They heavily lobbied key legislators. They dominated the March 4 public hearing with a well-coordinated barrage of 22 “expert” panels and hours of emotional testimony. The bill had the vocal support of dozens of other Massachusetts liberal organizations, and even state agencies. Gov. Deval Patrick, Attorney General Martha Coakley, and Congressman Barney Frank formally endorsed the bill and submitted testimony in favor of it. It had 25 co-sponsors and many other supporters in the Legislature.
So what happened?
We went at them full blast. We published an explosive 125-page report on the bill and exposed exactly what it would do. We went on the media – newspaper, Internet news, and radio – and further exposed the bill and the movement behind it. We made sure that literally thousands of you contacted the Legislature and demanded that this bill not go forward. And we made sure the Judiciary Committee got our explicit testimony at their public hearing (including medical documentation!) even though they clearly didn’t want to hear it.
What does this mean?
THIS is the approach that pro-family groups need to take, not the wishy-washy “moderate” approach we see around the country, with the fear that they might not be “respected”. Yes, if this is important then sometimes you need to be a little confrontational. And we need to continue to put the pressure on, because this year’s fight in the Legislature is only beginning. (Wait till you see our next email!)
Homosexual lobby NOT giving up!
This is unquestionably a major defeat for the homosexual movement in Massachusetts. They had put enormous resources and emotional capital into this and had not anticipated it would get derailed by pro-family pressure.
The homosexual lobby has vowed to try to get H1722 out of study before the July 31 end of the session, and get it passed, although they admit the odds are against it. Bill Conley, head lobbyist for the Mass Gay and Lesbian Political Caucus has announced that they plan to pressure the committee into taking it out of study at some point before July 31, and that they’re organizing to further “explain” their position to committee members. But as the homosexual newspaper Bay Windows reported, “Conley said it will be difficult to get the bill passed before the end of the session.” And don't worry -- we'll be keeping the pressure on, also! We'll keep you posted.
Some good bills also get swept away.
Admittedly, we put most of our energy into making sure that the bad bills didn’t move forward. But there were several good bills, some introduced by MassResistance, that in a perfect world would have moved forward and become law. We weren’t able to make it happen this time, but the Committee did hear our voices and they know we’re not going away on these issues. They know also where the sentiment of the people lies - and it's not with the special interests.
As we said, this fight is not over. There’s still a lot to go. But as we’ve been saying, this battle can – and will – be won.
HERE ARE THE BILLS THAT GOT STOPPED!!
STOPPED! Allow out-of-state homosexual couples to get “legally married” in Massachusetts, then go back to their home states - Bills: S800, S1029, H1728
STOPPED! Transgender rights and hate crimes bill - Bill: H1722
STOPPED! Repeal sodomy laws and other “morality” laws - Bill H1709
STOPPED! Officially legalize homosexual “marriage” by changing the marriage statute - Bills: H1710, S918
STOPPED! Allow a minor to get an abortion WITHOUT parental consent or judge’s order - Bill: H1735
STOPPED! Repeal all laws restricting abortions, and related laws - Bills: H1734, S831
--- GOOD BILLS THAT, UNFORTUNATELY, ALSO FELL SHORT ---
Removes undefined phrase “sexual orientation” from all Massachusetts statutes - Bill: S928 [Filed by MassResistance]
Forces Commonwealth to abide by actual marriage statutes - Bill: S926 [Filed by MassResistance]
The “woman’s right to know” law regarding abortions, with 24 hour waiting period - H1687
Repealing the exemption of schools from the law against “disseminating matter harmful to minors." [Filed by MassResistance]
Update the outmoded “wiretap: law to stop selective harassment of citizens taping public events. [Filed by MassResistance]

15 Comments:

Blogger Lynne said...

Thanks for being on top of this! A joyous Easter to you and yours!

6:34 PM, March 20, 2008  
Blogger Stellewriter said...

Every ten minutes a child is born, 1/2500, in which the doctor cannot determine the sex, or gender. These children are Intersex; they are born into a life of not male or female. Likewise in similar fashion the Transsexual is identified with a Bioneurological congenital condition they too are locked into something not quite so clearly defined as male, or female. The best we can do is live as close to what we seem to believe we are. That may preclude the wants, and often ignorant and bigoted beliefs of others. In what case do we ignore this issue and abandon the children who now cannot hide? How can anyone continue in hate and prejudice so as to deny simple equality and justice? It is either time for change and understanding, or simply wheedle out the transgender element as inhuman and adopt the final solution as Hitler visualized? Not an easy thing to resolve, but one that is present and will not go away.

I can appreciate another’s opinion, and the freedom to express same, But I would hope they would be with regard to the children, teens, and emerging adults, and all who are not so fortunate to have been born by someone’s idea of “normal.”

However, please do not assume all who are so stricken are perverts, or conduct themselves is sinful relationships. I am a Veteran, Conservative, Christian, Parent, who is also Transsexual. Yet, I would like to have the same rights and care that any citizen deserves.

7:43 PM, March 20, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to ask you SCIA, are you a member of Massresistance? Do you realize Massresistance is now considered a hate group??

http://www.splcenter.org/intel/map/type.jsp?DT=26

Why do you continue to use them as a source?

9:49 PM, March 20, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

“Bill S800 would have allowed out-of-state same-sex couples to get “legally married” in Massachusetts, causing havoc across America.”

Havoc? People getting married will cause havoc? I guess some religious people could go insane at the thought of others being happy without the Christian lifestyle.

“In all, there were a half-dozen particularly destructive bills that the Committee would likely have passed were it not for your public outcry.”

Destructive of what?

“Bill H1722, the Transgender Rights and Hate Crimes Bill, is probably the most radical legislation ever seriously considered by the Legislature, and would have forced legal acceptance “transgenderism” throughout society (including restrooms and schools) and made it a hate crime to criticize the behavior.”

This I can believe; Christians always need something or someone to criticize.

“Repealing the exemption of schools from the law against “disseminating matter harmful to minors."”

When is information harmful?

“STOPPED! Repeal sodomy laws and other “morality” laws - Bill H1709”

This is a good thing?

Ken Weaver

11:30 PM, March 20, 2008  
Blogger SCIA said...

Stellewriter,

You said:

"I am a Veteran, Conservative, Christian, Parent, who is also Transsexual."

One: Thank you for your service to this country!!

Two: You say you are a Christian. Can you point out anywhere in the Bible where God CREATED or ADVOCATED for transsexuality or those "not born" as a man or female?

Do you think God has approved of your change and why?

Please do not give me a passage that talks of not making judgement on others because that does not apply here. I am NOT judging you, I am only asking you to give me scripture that advocates for your choice and how God has approved of it.

Thanks for stopping by.

Scia

3:42 AM, March 24, 2008  
Blogger SCIA said...

Anonymous,

Where is it said that MassResistance is considered a hate group? Why are they considered this? Is it because their views or opinions differ from yours or from the radical homosexual community?

It is interesting how those who strongly advocate for tolerance, the radical homosexual community, can not tolerate any opinions or viewpoints that differ from theirs. Why is that?

3:48 AM, March 24, 2008  
Anonymous Rufus said...

SCIA, did you go to the provided link on Massresistance being a hate group? Your answers are there.

The Southern Poverty Law Center lists only 9 anti-gay hate groups, and defines these groups as "organizations that go beyond mere disagreement with homosexuality by subjecting gays and lesbians to campaigns of personal vilification."

Now, can you answer the question truthfully; are you a member of Massresistance?

6:55 AM, March 24, 2008  
Blogger Stellewriter said...

You may not understand that for many, life is not perfect or fitting to those who are born so unfortunate as to have socially repugnant conditions. I worked with the challenged and handicapped and discovered that they too deserve all of the care and recognition that anyone in God’s kingdom deserves. These individuals who are God’s children were born with their condition, or suffered from events which left them that way. I do not blame God for their terrible deformity and health issues. Even though I held God responsible for my issues and secret deformity, I have since learned that this world is not only fallen, but falling apart at an alarming rate. Yet, I have come to accept and understand that God may turn all things for good. I have come to thank God for my malady, even though it has cost me everything. This is a fallen world, it is steeped in sin and I too am a sinner and not so perfect as some may claim to be. The unmerited grace and loving salvation given by Christ is all I have to justify my stricken existence.

I could go into a Biblical dialog and state verses for your readers benefit, however, I would ask them, and perhaps you as well, to read the Bible and seek God’s wisdom directly. Yet, there is evidence of God recognizing that we are less than what was His loving intent. First, I think it would serve to make some differentiation in terms. I do not like the term Transgender as it is all too inclusive. It includes those whose behavior and activities are in conflict with mine. I am a Transsexual and now a woman, having taken the medically prescribed treatment following closely the protocol as directed by both AMA / APA standards. Secondly, I am not gay, and most gays do not hold Transsexuals with kind regard. I am not sexually active, or have ever had sexual intercourse beyond that of my long marriage or that with a man.. I cannot speak for others, but also do not want others to speak for me.

For many years I begged and prayed for resolution to the conflict of my body and mind. I have come to a closer understanding of God’s sovereignty and that what I wanted versus what He has planned. As for my situation and means, I was a baby whose mother was a DES recipient, a known endocrine blocking agent; others I know were born with both male and female components. We suffer as do the fish in many polluted streams. We are held as freaks and what some see as a danger to be eradicated. I could relate some of the perversity and evil thrown my way by those supposing to wield the hand of God. Yet, as they are fallen, so am I. The Lord, I am sure, is grieved over my having suffered and my struggles. I know that currently my life is in more alignment and focused on what the Lord calls all of us to follow. If anything, I am now able to let go of the past and dedicate myself to Christ and those whom He desires us to reach. If possible, I would seek to bridge the true church and reach out to the many of the GLBt who are rejected. To show that real love is from above, and not in transient relationships. The Lord calls us to recognize our sins, we, all, have many. The Lord asks us to separate our selves from that which is offensive and stands between us and Him. If my condition was one of idolatry, then I have, I would say changed that anomaly to one which is ‘normal” for me. I can say this also, that had I not transitioned, I would not be alive today.

Directly answering your question of how God may hold my actions, I can say this, “I thank God for my having made the change, and feel blessed.” He did not create humanity to be malformed or in conflict. Does God approve, or disapprove, of one’s physical stature? God looks to the heart.

Stellewriter@gmail.com

(Some references to read as a start….ISA 56, Prov 23, Dan 19, Matt 19)

7:07 AM, March 24, 2008  
Blogger SCIA said...

Rufus,

You asked:

"are you a member of Massresistance?"

No, I am not.

The Southern Poverty Law Center defines hate groups as:

"organizations that go beyond mere disagreement with homosexuality by subjecting gays and lesbians to campaigns of personal vilification."

Can you give me an example, just one, of how these organizations subject gays and lesbians to campaings of "personal vilification"?

7:14 AM, March 24, 2008  
Blogger SCIA said...

Stellewriter,

You said:

"These individuals who are God’s children were born with their condition, or suffered from events which left them that way."

The handicapped are born with their challenges. You, on the other hand, were not born with your challenge. God made you a man. Why would He make you something He would NOT want you to be?

You said:

"The unmerited grace and loving salvation given by Christ is all I have to justify my stricken existence."

Why would God want to strike you with sin by having you go through your situation?

You said:

"If possible, I would seek to bridge the true church and reach out to the many of the GLBt who are rejected."

Do you beleive that this is God's plan for you? If so, how would you help out those who belong to the GLBT?

I am inspired about your situation. I think you are in conflict with what you think God is telling you, I say this based on the scripture passages you provided me, and what God's true intentions are for you . There is no Danial 19. Did you mean another passage. Let me know Stellewriter!!

God bless,

Scia

8:29 AM, March 24, 2008  
Blogger Stellewriter said...

Without going into details of my anatomy, as that is not really a defining factor, although I could make it so, the issue is whether I have an in inalienable right to exist, and whether I may do so outside of social conformance? I expressed my situation and that of many who are Transsexual or Intersex. You chose to address it as sin. I was explicit in stating that I have not had a sexual relationship, outside of marriage, and now in years from the time of my transition. Yet, the persistence that my position is that of sin is somehow beyond me. I chose to change my un-natural and deeply conflicted anatomy to conform to that which is more socially acceptable, and it is somehow now unacceptable? As someone who was mocked and jeered at in the men’s locker room, beaten, and treated as a freak, I was angry at God for what I was. OK! Have it your way. I could not continue to live the lie that I was, and you would that I not live the life I am now living, what would Christ say and do should he see me on the street? And in light of His possible treatment of me, how should the family of Christ treat those like me?

If anything, I am moved to share Christ with the many, gays, lesbians, and even heterosexuals who are immersed in sexual confusion that have been rejected and disowned in the name of church dogma. Again I will not use this forum to delineate Gospel doctrine or religious order. We can see that there is enough of that between churches already. I feel the church should know that the hostile rejection and vehement approach has alienated many who would otherwise have come to Christ and found new life. Many I meet are angry at the mistreatment and abuse given at the hand of so called Christians. I myself have been rejected from seeking Christ and worship. Many often use Duet 22:5 as a means to exclude me. (The context of the verse was in context to pagan ritual and prostitution) I say then, if you must live by the law of the old covenant, then I am excluded forever from the temple as is stated in Duet 23.1. Frankly, I will take grace, as following the law negates Christ’s sacrifice. Yet, many will strive to law, so, thinking they are serving God.

One day I will face God, as will all, and all I will have to say for my life is that I was grateful for the presence of Christ and His ever presence at my side. That is more than enough, and it is what I so very much want to share with those who hate Christians, the Church, and those like me. Again, I stated that Transsexuals are not really liked by the gay community, nor are we typically sexually motivated.

What I have learned is that by my sharing how I have come to understand Christ’s love and care, others are receptive to. I have suffered my conflict to allow me to know how others also suffer. No different than a burn victim’s sense of pain. You cannot know the terrible horror of it until you have been immersed in the fire. Likewise, I have been placed in an arena where I have felt the pain and rejection as others are faced, and they know my pain is real. In that they also know that my “joy” is real and they desire to know more. How wonderful it would be for the church to wrap their arms around the GLBt community and show them that they too can find Christ. The same may be said for all who are lost. I look at King David and all that he did, adultery, murder, and yet God spoke of him and a heart after God’s own heart. Would that my heart be the same and that I could share it with those in the cold.

Stellewriter@gmail.com

(Dan 1 was the reference to which I was suggesting research and context depth; there is a message of love there as well. And also Matt 19 which relates to several other points of how we are to separate ourselves, remove from sin, let go, and if necessary cut from that which offends; pretty difficult to fathom, and harder for some to receive.)

9:54 AM, March 24, 2008  
Anonymous Rufus said...

SCIA, obviously you read the Massresistance web site. The writing is so over the top, and would be comical if it weren't so deeply seeded with overt prejudice. They jump at any chance to make gays and lesbians (and trans people) look like disgusting villians. I see little point in providing "examples", since I am sure you will only dismiss them as opinion.
Ultimately, I am not the one who listed them as a hate group. If you want to know why, I suggest contacting the Southern Poverty Law Center. Keep in mind they only list 9, and do not include most of the pro-family groups that espouse anti-gay opinions.
My hope in pointing this out in the first place was to see if you were in fact a contributing member of Massresistance, and to hopefully persuade you not to use them as a reference. While we don't agree on much, I have tried to respect your opinion. That respect goes downhill a little each time you use Massresistance.

10:01 AM, March 24, 2008  
Blogger SCIA said...

Stellewriter,

You said:

"...the issue is whether I have an in inalienable right to exist, and whether I may do so outside of social conformance?"

You, as well as the rest of us who inhabbit this planet called Earth, have an inalienable right to exist. No matter what society thinks of us, we all have a right to exist.

I think the bigger question is are we ashamed of what God has made us into starting from birth or are we ashamed of God?

I am ashamed of myself everyday. I am ashamed of my tonuge as it is a vile weapon that spurts out profanity and unclean words. I am ashamed of how I act towards others. Overall, I am ashamed of my daily sinful acts. If I was not ashamed of my sin, then that only leaves me to be ashamed of God as the blame for MY actions would lie, incorrectly, in his hands.

I deal with my shame for myself by asking God to give me the daily bread to have the patience with others that I encounter on a daily basis such that I will not have the urge to swear or act inpatient with them. The answer is Christ, not cutting off my tounge or never getting out of bed in the morning, such that I would not have to encounter society ever again.

Stellewriter, it is O.K. to be ashamed of ourselves, but that does not mean we should go ride on the tracks of depression, hate for oneself, and in the end change our appearences to stifle our shame. Seeking Christ and ASKING Him to grant us peace with His daily bread, both in mind and body, is how we all should deal with our own shame.

Your story is inspiring. I really mean that. I can truly strike from my previous thoughts about you that "how could he be a Christian and be ashamed of what God made him into (from birth)?" Your struggle is real and I pray for your inner peace on a daily basis. I think about your situation as I walk to my car from work at night. I do not stop praying for you and your struggles once I leave the computer terminal after leaving you my thoughts on this blog.

You and Christ can only come to a peaceful conclusion to your struggles. I pray that you do so, such that you can live a life the way He would want you to live, and not the way you, or anyone else for that matter, wants you to live.

In Christ my brother,

Scia

11:19 AM, March 27, 2008  
Blogger Stellewriter said...

SCIA,

Thank you for the kind words and prayers. I am not ashamed of God in any way, and have come to accept my issues as a gift from God. Although it does present some interesting perspectives. I do not consider myself homosexual, nor have I ever had sex with a man. My marriage and relations with my estranged spouse spanned some decades, and even now my love is still with fidelity. I do not know what God has in store for me, or what I may face regarding possible relationships. For now I am not interested in any romantic endeavors, but in context to society, the law, and Biblical purity I am not so sure what is right. It is not a simple and not matter what action I take I am in conflict with social, religious, and legal entities. Even now, my very person is without judicial protection or clarification. Time will tell.

I approach everyday with God on my heart, asking for His guidance. I know I am separate, without family and church community. Even those who support the GLBt and gay organizations do not want my company, as I do not condone most of the behavior and anti-Christian rhetoric they spit out. No easy answers, but I do try to support and encourage those who are struggling, and who like myself are willing to seek Christ’s love, The Father’s wisdom, and the Spirit’s indwelling.

Thanks again, and may Christ’s Truth echo loudly from you mouth,

Stellewriter@gmail.com.

12:57 PM, March 27, 2008  
Blogger SCIA said...

Stellewriter,

Your doing good. Follow God's path.

Scia

1:01 PM, March 28, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com