Monday, September 11, 2006

Never Forget

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingAs we all try and mourn in our own ways the tragedies of September 11th, 2001 we must all come to some sort of closure and move on in life without forgetting this day.

I for one spent my time today taking part in the moments of silence at 8:46am and 9:03am when the first and second towers were hit respectively. WRKO 680 am Boston's Talk Station had an excellent commemorative special of 9/11 as it pinpointed on the memories of that day. I for one found myself breaking down during those moments of silence as I reflected on all of the lives lost and the families destroyed. I spent the weekend recording a documentary of September 11th and wanted to burn some copies and hand them out at work today, but did not get a chance to do so. I felt obligated to share with others this historical day in history and remember what had occurred five years ago as 2,973 innocent civilian lives were gone in about two hours time.
As I was thumbing through the newspapers to read about the fifth anniversary I came across an article in the Boston Herald that put some sort of closure to those who lost their lives and who did not get the respected burial they deserved.
The article by Michele McPhee focused on the events of the day but more importantly told of how ironworkers found two intersecting beams that formed a cross. This cross symbolized the tomb stone of those who perished that day at Ground Zero. I found this heart warming and new then that the deceased were safe with God and are no longer suffering.
Although we can vividly remember what we were doing and feeling on September 11th, 2001 we must all remember that day and mainly focus on the fact that we will see our loved ones again. That thought alone brings a smile to my tear ridden face as we all struggle to lick our wounds from such a tragic day.
I leave you with a poem that I came across and wish to share with you:
Meet Me In The Stairwell

By Stacey Randall
You say you will never forget where you were when you heard the news On September 11, 2001. Neither will I.

I was on the 110th floor in a smoke filled room with a man who called his wife to say "Good-Bye." I held his fingers steady as he dialed. I gave him the peace to say, "Honey, I am not going to make it, but it is OK...I am ready to go."

I was with his wife when he called as she fed breakfast to their children. I held her up as she tried to understand his words and as she realized he wasn't coming home that night.

I was in the stairwell of the 23rd floor when a woman cried out to Me for help. "I have been knocking on the door of your heart for 50 years!" I said. "Of course I will show you the way home - only believe in Me now.

"I was at the base of the building with the Priest ministering to the injured and devastated souls. I took him home to tend to his Flock in Heaven. He heard my voice and answered.

I was on all four of those planes, in every seat,with every prayer. I was with the crew as they were overtaken. I was in the very hearts of the believers there, comforting and assuring them that their faith has saved them.

I was in Texas, Kansas, and London. I was standing next to you when you heard the terrible news. Did you sense Me?

I want you to know that I saw every face. I knew every name - though not all know Me. Some met Me for the first time on the 86th floor.

Some sought Me with their last breath.Some couldn't hear Me calling to them through the smoke and flames; "Come to Me... this way... take my hand." Some chose, for the final time, to ignore Me.But, I was there.

I did not place you in the Tower that day. You may not know why, but I do. However, if you were there in that explosive moment in time would you have reached for Me?

September 11, 2001 was not the end of the journey for you. But someday your journey will end. And I will be there for you as well. Seek Me now while I may be found. Then, at any moment, you know you are "ready to go."

I will be in the stairwell of your final moments.

God

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com