Tuesday, July 04, 2006

State Rep. Festa and a slap on the wrist for a night out with Fido

This is an e-mail conversation between a concerned constituent for traditional marriage and State Representative Michael Festa (D-Ma):

Sent: Thursday, June 29, 2006 4:41 PM
Subject: RE: Marriage Amendment
Dear Paul,
Thank you for contacting me regarding your support for the Massachusetts Protection of Marriage Amendment to the state Constitution and sharing with me the names of many who share your position.
Please know that I will not vote for a Constitutional amendment that would define marriage in a manner that effectively takes away the rights of same-sex couples that are now protected by the Massachusetts Constitution. I cannot vote for any Constitutional amendment that does that, as a matter of conscience and because I believe that it sets a terrible precedent.
Whenever we have amended the Constitution (federal or state), it has been to grant greater rights and protections for people (eg. women's suffrage, civil rights for minorities), not take them away.
Again, thank you for contacting me regarding this issue. While I respect your view on this matter, I hope you understand that I cannot agree with it in regards to a Constitutional amendment.
Sincerely,
Mike Festa
State
Representative
State House,
Room 172
617-722-2018
617-722-2846 fax
Hold on here. Isn't Rep. Festa the same rep. who introduced and sponsered a bill, Senate Bill 938, that would decriminalize sex acts with animals? Why, yes it is! Click here to get the full story of Rep. Festa and others who support and advocate sex with your next door neighbors pooch for just a small price.
With this info are you surprised Rep. Festa would not support the NORMAL way to engage in sexual acts, in this case, traditional marriage?
"It has been to grant greater rights and protections for people (eg. women's suffrage, civil rights for minorities), not take them away."
I don't remember having a right to vote on a tradition that has been set in place for 6,000 years, do you? Oh, those is black robes now control our cultural fate. Stupid me, I forgot.
(With my thumb and forefinger squeezing the bridge of my nose, my eyes closed, and me shaking my head)
What a joke some of our legislative officials are.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting "I luv you long time for only five thousand dolla!"
Only kidding. Just having some fun!!

11 Comments:

Blogger jennifer said...

Unbelievable.

8:22 PM, July 04, 2006  
Blogger Ryan Charisma said...

Good for Mr. Festa.

Don't pick on him because he's a good man.

As for the animal thing - it has NOTHING to do with gay marriage.

Horray Mr. Festa tell the bigots how it is! And how it's not going to be!

Burn in your own hell.

9:58 AM, July 05, 2006  
Blogger Lynne said...

Thank you for having the guts to publish this. He's my rep too (sigh).

4:26 PM, July 05, 2006  
Blogger SCIA said...

Jennifer,

Nice to hear from you again. I need to visit your site more often. It has been busy with the fourth because it was my daughter's birthday. Not to mention all the work my wife has given me with the "honey do" list on my vacation time.

I will talk with you soon.



Ryan,

Do you know Mr. Festa and his voting record? Do you know him personally or are you just providing illogical emotional nonsense again to proove some sort of point.

How is it that those who want to protect traditional marriage are bigots? Can you provide an answer that does not boil down to a 3-year old response?

Lynne,

Yeah, Rep. Festa has also wanted to do away with other laws that have been in the books for a long time. Check out the link in the post. Crazy stuff.

Do you have a blog? I would love to read some of your stuff.

6:48 AM, July 06, 2006  
Blogger Tyler Dawbin said...

Ryan, thanks for making it obvious that our argument is more substantial and convincing. No one does that better than you, my friend, and you should be proud of that!

All joking aside...what in the world is Mr. Festa thinking?

1:32 PM, July 06, 2006  
Blogger John Hosty said...

Tyler, why was a good christian do you feel the need to chide someone like you did Ryan? Insulting each other gets us nowhere except to be further from Christ. Try again, only this time show him the love that you say you understand.

3:08 PM, July 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tyler is banning speech on his website again, how sad...

3:43 PM, July 07, 2006  
Blogger Tyler Dawbin said...

Are you saying that I can't do whatever I want to do?

That's surprising to hear from you, if this is the same "anonymous" that I believe it is!

Check it out, the whole site is now gone. Is that OK with you?

4:33 PM, July 08, 2006  
Blogger John Hosty said...

Shutting down that vehicle of hate is a start. Now you need to live in Christ's love for a while and let your hate go.

6:04 PM, July 08, 2006  
Blogger Tyler Dawbin said...

John, you just don't get it, do you?

Love as Christ loved...well, that means that I have to say that sin is sin...and my sin is sin, and your sin is sin.

How long will you continue to make excuses for it? If you choose to continue in your sin, then in many ways you are no different from me, but at least acknowledge the Holy Spirit within you and admit that it's sin, my brother!

10:02 AM, July 09, 2006  
Blogger John Hosty said...

Our differences are many and I DO get it, I was wondering the same about you. I know we both sin, but I don't bring your sins to you and ask that you repent for them as it is not my place, but God's. Love is what we are supposed to spread to each other, not social division or an arrogant sense of superiority. You keep mouthing the words of Christ, but all I see in your actions is evil. Don't let your hate consume any more of your life, free yourself through Him!

10:22 AM, July 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com