Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Let Democracy Work

The state of Washington upheld a ban on gay "marriage" today in a 5-4 decision. The full article appears in today's Washington Times.

I think Justice James Johnson hit the 'bottom line' on the head when he said:
The Legislature had "a compelling governmental interest in preserving the institution of marriage, as well as the healthy families and children it promotes. This conclusion may not be changed by mere passage of time or currents of public favor and surely not changed by courts."
The issue of the definition of marriage is up to the people that make up our society in which our government represents and whom makes laws that are for the people and by the people.
Our federal and state constitutions are alive and should not be dictated by the black robes of our courts or by a small sub-group of people.
LET THE PEOPLE VOTE!

4 Comments:

Blogger jennifer said...

I was pleased to hear about this ruling.

You've been busy since I have been gone!

His,
Jennifer

6:34 PM, July 26, 2006  
Blogger Tyler Dawbin said...

It won't be long now before we have a democratic process in Massachusetts taking place with respect to marriage.

I've drafted a new "song" puts a comical twist on this issue...but I'm not quite ready to release it yet.

I just might sing it on Michael Graham's show if he ever gets around to this topic again.

Right now it's all big dig and hezbollah...

12:06 PM, July 28, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Our federal and state constitutions are alive"

Are you endorsing the living constiution?

12:50 PM, July 28, 2006  
Blogger SCIA said...

Jennifer,

So was I. Good to hear from you again.

Tyler,

Let me know because I will play your song hear on my site...maybe even have it as background music.

I have been trying to get Michael Graham's intro as background music but have not had much luck.

The one that goes: "Gather round, gather round...time is running out..#1, ect, ect. Good stuff!

Anonymous,

"Our federal and state constitutions are alive"

I am endorsing the very basis and foundation of OUR government: The constitution, either at a state or the federal level. The basis of the statement was to advocate the practice of democracy. Nothing "in-between the lines" to be translated here Anonymous.

What kind of point are you trying to get at?

3:05 PM, July 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com