Saturday, June 10, 2006

Where is my answer, and why the hostility?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting I tried to get a response from Tom Lang, Director of Know Thy Neighbor, I stumbled upon his friends on the site who "answered" my question for him...well in a hostile way that is. To read the first part of the interview with Tom Lang click here, otherwise read on:

The first response was given by Lula:

"If I were Tom I wouldn't respond to your post either. But, here goes my two cents.

There is no point in continuing a dialogue with someone who is expressly present to intimidate and to harass, as you have been, and who has made it perfectly clear there will be no change of opinion where he/she is concerned. You and your pious posse are here for one reason and one reason only: to put gays in their place.

KTN(Know Thy Neighbor.org) is a self-defense site, as I see it...

A place where those who have contempt for gays and lesbians, those who would happily, callously marginalize gays and lesbians, can discover one thing: that gays and lesbians will no longer accept the silent closet and societal abuse and disregard. There WILL be a price to pay for your attempts to demean and devalue the lives and loves of others unlike your perfect, sinless selves...and that price will be this: your bigotry and desire to keep others down will be as out of the closet as our "aint goin back in" lives.

Period.

No hate group here.

Just a fierce determination to never allow people like you to make our lives, our spirits, our very existence inferior to yours EVER AGAIN.

As for your feeling you have been treated with hostility, well, my dear, you tell people they are inferior at the very core of their being, and yes, honey, you're going to be on the receiving end of hostility.

Get your head out of your...sand."

And my response:

Lula,you said:
"There is no point in continuing a dialogue with someone who is expressly present to intimidate and to harass, as you have been, and who has made it perfectly clear there will be no change of opinion where he/she is concerned."
Mark and I are simply trying to know why KTN posted the names of the marriage amendment signers if not to intimidate potential signers as would a hate group do.
I am not sure how engaging in a debate about asking a question about the purpose of KTN is harassment.
What makes you think that I will not change my mind about the purpose of KTN, I have not even heard an answer yet.
You said:
"KTN is a self-defense site, as I see it..."
Again, I am asking a question, 'self-defend' your position because otherwise there is no purpose behind KTN.
You said:
"No hate group here."
But yet in the second to last paragraph you say "...and yes, honey, you're going to be on the receiving end of hostility."
This does not balance out, can you explain yourself without taking such an emotional stance?

Click here to read the rest, I have given up on receiving an answer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com