Monday, May 29, 2006

Activist Judge Overturns Marriage Laws; Homosexual Marriage Now Legal In All 50 States!!

How would you like to wake up one morning and learn that the above headline was the top story in every newspaper in America? That hasn't happened—YET! But gradually, little by little, that is where we are headed. A similar headline will appear in your paper soon unless enough people send a message to their legislative officials!
There has been some confusion recently amongst MA state legislators because there are TWO marriage amendments on the schedule of matters to be taken up by the Constitutional Convention on July 12th at the State House in Boston.
Item #20 is the marriage amendment supported by VoteOnMarriage, the people's amendment that garnered 170,000 signatures last Fall, the one that meets the constitutional muster, and the one that requires only 50 votes to proceed.
In a move to create confusion among legislators, another amendment relating to marriage was placed AHEAD of it on the schedule by Senator Jarrett Barrios, a gay senator opposed to a vote on our amendment. This is a different item number on the schedule that is ahead of the one sponsered by VoteOnMarriage. We need to let the legislators know we need their support on AMENDMENT #20.
Your legislators need to hear from you today! Click Here to find your senator and representative from your town or city and tell them you want them to vote for amendment #20 on July 12th.

5 Comments:

Blogger jennifer said...

As an off-duty English teacher, I can say that your title surely is a "hook." Good job.

Thank you for standing for marriage in MA. I may not live there, but I know enough to realize that what happens in one state CAN BECOME what happens in all states.

11:03 AM, May 30, 2006  
Blogger jennifer said...

Hi,

I just left this comment on Tyler's KTN blog, but I wanted to make sure you saw here so here it is:

I recently sent a letter to both of my senators--Vitter and Landrieu--urging them to support traditional marriage. Today, I got back an affirming letter from Vitter, assuring me that he is supporting the FMA. Here is an excerpt from his letter:

"I believe marriage to be a union between a man and a woman. This definition should be held not to enforce discriminatory acts, but to uphold the sanctity of marriage. The Federal Marriage Amendment removes the debate regarding the definition of marriage from the hands of the courts and returns this decision to the American people, where it belongs. In fact, no state legislature and no popular referendum has passed in any state allowing any other definition of marriage except as between a man and a woman. In addition over 38 states have passed legislation protecting traditional marriage. In Louisiana , our statewide referendum passed with nearly 80 percent of the vote."

I didn't get such a letter from Landrieu...but as of now she is NOT in support of the FMA. I wonder how she can vote in opposition to it since nearly 80% of her constituents want marriage to be defined as Vitter stated above?

Hmmm....I wonder....

His,
Jennifer

8:06 AM, May 31, 2006  
Blogger jennifer said...

I just got an email from the AFA (American Family Association) and it confirmed my fears. My other senator, Mary Landrieu, is voting AGAINST the MPA and is using the "I want it to be a state by state issue" as the excuse.

Well, isn't that interesting? And ridiculous. The people of my state already voted 78% to 22% in favor of defining marriage as between one man and one woman. BUT, one judge overturned the wishes of the 78%.

How disheartening.

10:42 PM, May 31, 2006  
Blogger SCIA said...

Are you from Georgia Jennifer?

8:43 AM, June 01, 2006  
Blogger jennifer said...

No, I am from Louisiana.

9:51 AM, June 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com